Raid Monitor Support
1. Which MacOS versions are supported?
MacOS X 10.5 is supported in version 2.7 or later.
MacOS X 10.6 is supported in version 3 or later.
MacOS X 10.7 is supported in version 3.2 or later.
MacOS X 10.8 is supported in version 3.2 or later.
OSX 10.9 support is coming soon.
2. RAID Monitor 3 no longer supports 10.4 or 10.3, can I still use RAID Monitor?
Yes, download version 2.6.2 from here which supports 10.3.5 or later.
Or, download version 2.7.1 from here which supports 10.4 or later.
Please contact us as a different license key will be needed for Version 2, than is used for Version 3.
3. Does the application need to be running to have the RAID to be monitored?
No. Once configured there is no need for the RAID Monitor 3 GUI to be running. A background daemon monitors the RAID.
4. What is the MegaRAID card?
The MegaRAID card is the hardware RAID card supplied by Apple for use in the Xserve G4/G5.
5. What is the AppleRAID card?
The AppleRAID card is the hardware RAID card supplied by Apple for use in MacPros and Intel-based Xserves.
6. What are the limitations of the trial version?
The trial version of RAID Monitor 3 is a fully functional 14 day trial. After 14 days RAID Monitor 3 will cease to monitor your RAID. To re-enable monitoring of the RAID, the program will have to be purchased.
7. Why do I need to enter the Location Identifier?
If you are monitoring several servers - adding a Location Identifier will help you identify which customer/server has a problem. The text entered into this box will appear in the email subject line.
8. How do I modify the Alert message content?
Under the Utilities menu, select Alerts Manager. From the Alert Manager you can modify each message content. Each message needs to be saved before switching to another alert.
9. How do I uninstall RAID Monitor 3?
You can download the uninstaller from here
10. What settings should I use with Gmail?
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
Use SSL/TLS: Yes
Username and password: your gmail username and password.
11. Can I request features for the next version of RAID Monitor?
Yes you can by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. All feedback will be considered for future versions.